Cosby attorneys highlight sex assault accuser's 'confusion'

Posted June 28, 2017

Constand, 44, had been an employee of Temple University's athletics department at the time, which is how she said she met Cosby, in 2001.

In my head, I was trying to get my hands to move, my legs to move, but I was frozen.

"I wasn't able to", she said.

Cosby, 79, is not charged with assaulting the witness, Kelly Johnson, but prosecutors are using her testimony to show that he followed a pattern of drugging women and then assaulting them - including Andrea Constand, whose case is the basis of the criminal trial that began on Monday. The TV star once dubbed America's Dad could get 10 years in prison if convicted.

Ms Constand says Mr Cosby drugged and molested her after she visited his home seeking career advice in 2004.

The defense asked her why she had called Cosby 53 times after the alleged assault, to which Constand said they were about the women's basketball team and often during a tournament period, and that "it had more to do with business than it did with me personally".

No choice but lethal force in fatal shooting
A previous version of this story incorrectly said no one had left or entered the apartment in the hours before the shooting. The "Washington Times" and " Seattle Times " reported that Lyles had called police to report a possible burglary.

About 20 minutes after taking them she said she started slurring her words and had trouble with her vision. It's unsure what exactly Constand will say when she takes the stand, but chances are she will be thoroughly questioned about her experiences of the night of the incident, as well as how she handled it afterward.

Before Tuesday's testimony, Ms Constand had been barred from sharing her story in public due to a confidential settlement she reached with Mr Cosby in 2006.

Constand quickly defended her actions, arguing that she was obligated to keep communication open with Cosby on official Temple University business, and more importantly, to find out what pill he gave her that night.

Dozens of women have now come forward claiming the comedian drugged and sexually assaulted them as well.

Bill Cosby's lawyer asked jurors Monday not to view him as a fallen celebrity on trial in a sexual assault case, but as a flawed man "whose infidelities have made him vulnerable" to these types of accusations. She testified she had responded that she did not.

"It had more to do with business than it did with me personally", she said.

Texas mom arrested after children die in hot car
The incident happened in late May, when she initially told police the children locked themselves inside the vehicle . After she found her children unresponsive, she called the authorities, who arrived on the scene at around 4 p.m.

Constand testified that she was going to confront Cosby about the assault during an event he was hosting at his home for high school students.

Constand isn't his only alleged victim on the stand. And I felt Mr. Cosby's hand groping my breasts under my shirt. Cosby, whose attorneys said is legally blind, is not expected to testify.

After that conversation, she said, she bought a recording device in hopes that Cosby would again confess to harming her daughter.

Johnson testified on Day 1 that she lost consciousness soon after Cosby pressured her to take a large white pill.

She also said she wanted to stop Cosby but could not. Cosby grinned at the defence table as she struggled to explain them.

But she admitted to staying in contact with Cosby after the alleged incident. She panicked when she tried to move her legs, realizing she couldn't get up. Johnson gave the deposition while pursuing a claim that she'd developed debilitating stress from her job as a secretary at the talent agency representing Cosby. "They're your friends; they'll take the edge off, '" she said.

Sears closing stores in Mentor, Middleburg Heights
Lampert's investment firm owns 43.5% of the limited partnership units of Seritage and controls 7.9% of its voting power. The Sears logo is seen on the side of a store March 24, 2005 in San Bruno, California.