Chelsea Facing Striker Crisis as Diego Costa Set for Exit

Posted July 09, 2017

Spanish worldwide soccer star Diego Costa is reportedly ready to have showdown talks with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte over his future at Stamford Bridge.

"With Atletico set to make their opening bid to re-sign Costa, the Spain global has got in touch with a number of his Chelsea team-mates to tell them he expects to return to his former club and is unsure whether he will be back at Chelsea for pre-season training which starts next Monday".

Dawson picked for Lord's Test, Ballance back at three
Root also revealed England's intention to use Yorkshire's Gary Ballance at number three against the Proteas. Stuart Broad has taken 368 wickets in 102 Tests he has played so far.

Indeed, the same story reveals that Costa won't be allowed to skip Chelsea's pre-season campaign if the Blues haven't agreed a transfer deal with Atletico.

But in light of Manchester United's surprise move to agree a £75 million fee with Everton for Romelu Lukaku, Chelsea are being forced to re-evaluate their options as they seek to sign a new first-choice striker ahead of the new season. The Italian notified Costa by text that he is no longer wanted at Chelsea, and the 28-year-old has reportedly already started saying his goodbyes to Chelsea teammates.

German police disperse G20 protest with water cannon before summit
Around 15,000 police will be deployed to protect the summit, in addition to 3,800 officers monitoring airport and train security . Merkel predicted "a whole series of thorny issues" at the summit. "I did not hesitate to agree to that", said Scholz.

The Express reports that bet company Ladbrokes have made it just 1/3 for Llorente to sign for Chelsea with spoksperson Dave Burin confirming Conte's pursuit of the Spain striker. In contrast, although a return to Atletico Madrid has been touted, he wouldn't be able to play until January, which could harm his chances of making the World Cup squad next summer.

The same article states that Costa has told some of his Chelsea team-mates that he is confident a return to Atletico will materialise in the summer transfer window.

Wimbledon | Novak Djokovic advances after Martin Klizan injures himself in Round 1
That moved him one win ahead of Jimmy Connors for most victories in the grass-court major in the Open era, which began in 1968. Five men have retired from the first round - on Monday, Victor Troicki quit after just 20 minutes.